Thursday 17 April 2014

MK March photo's...

Ooops!

Life in the Real World has been hectic...days and weeks passing by in the blink of an eye.

But finally I have a couple of photo's to share from the BIG MK Vintage and Handmade Fair last month.


I sold the suitcase of wonders, which was my 'thing', something that people recognised us by and attracted them to the stall.

This time I needed something new and carrying on from the case it had to be something from stock or home that I had 'done up'




The standard lamp stand is painted to go in my girls room and the shade had been stripped last year and had sat waiting for inspiration to strike!

Add a few JUMBO POM POMS, a trim of pom poms along with a dash of handmade tissue flowers {oh and a couple more pom poms!}

...and...

voila

One totally BONKERS display item!


If I could have had a £1 for every time someone told me how much they loved it or charged for its photo to be taken I could have retired merrily.

It did the trick!

We used the March show a chance to clear the stock that we had taken to more than one show, giving us a chance to start afresh with lots of lovely pieces this year.

That said we also took along a few new pieces, I never have been able to walk past something pretty and vintage 
{despite telling myself that I wasn't buying for this show!}

As always I had a selection of Utility China with me, the work horse of any kitchen and the pastel colours are all over the magazines... still standing the test of time



I've a real soft spot for a Vintage Tin...they make for pretty and original craft storage
{my crochet hooks are stashed in some very cute tins}


Then we had the Vintage Kilner Jars that I've stashed in the loft for far too long!  
Originally bought for my preserving, I've kept most but still had a lot that year after year I just haven't used so moved them on to stock.


Although I'm not using them I still find it hard to let go of some bits of stock...Linens fall into that group!

I sold 2 of my largest ones 
*gulp*
deep breath
still excuse for me to re-stock!


A red suitcase that was a lucky find, it was 1971 and lined with a luxury satin lining
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

^can you see it peeking out the front there^

^crafty bits^

All in all we had an amazing weekend, lovely neighbours and super customers!

If you still haven't visited it I can't say it loud enough but you really should try to get there.  
The prices are competitive, the assortment from tins to larger pieces of furniture and a selection of handmade goodness from cakes, pickles, jewellery and sewing from pillows to clothing!

It is inside the huge Milton Keynes shopping centre, dry whatever the weather, entry is totally free and there are hundreds of 'high street' shops to browse if you fancy as well as a selection of food stops from Jamie Olivers' to Burger King!




No comments:

Post a Comment